Use this form to lodge an unfair dismissal application with the Fair Work Commission. This form and any supporting information should be lodged within 21 days of your dismissal taking effect.
Before starting you should check if you are eligible by taking the Unfair dismissal eligibility quiz.
To complete your application, you will need:
- details of your employment
- your employer's legal name (this can be found on your pay slip or PAYG summary)
- a dismissal letter, email or other evidence of your dismissal if you have it
- why you think your dismissal was unfair and what outcome you want from the case
- details of your legal or other representative if you have one
You will also need to pay the application fee of $74.90 when you lodge this form. If paying the fee will cause you serious hardship, you can apply for a fee waiver. The fee waiver should be lodged at the same time as your application.
The process for unfair dismissal claims
Find out how to prepare and lodge your application, and what happens next, by reading about the process for unfair dismissal claims.
Where to get help
Call us between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, on 1300 799 675.
You can also email us at our office in your capital city.
Services that may be able to offer legal help can be found on the Where to get legal help page.